Thursday, December 16, 2010

12-16-10

Another day in the interesting life of Cooper. 

So, last night they tried morphine on the little guy.  Still no reaction from him.  Meaning that he was still awake after a double dose.  The doctor said she had given him enough morphine to put 3 of us adults on the floor and he was still awake.  Through all of this, he has remained stable.  All of his numbers look great.  The doctor is just stumped by Cooper. 

So, they (meaning the doctors and the anesthesiologists) have decided to try Ketamine on him.  Yes, I said Ketamine.  This is a  "dissociative anesthesia" and by our last call to the NICU, is working on him.  So, I say great, my son likes his recreational drugs.  I know this is prescription and is being used in the correct manor and correct dosage, but it's just the stigma of ketamine.  But it's working, so I'm not going to complain too much.  If it continues to work, heck I'll let them try almost anything. 

So, we are at home with the Jaxon and Lea, and watching Despicable Me.  So, far it's a very funny movie. Enjoying my time with these two. 

Hope everyone has a good night.

Sonya

No comments:

Post a Comment