Wednesday, January 5, 2011

01-05-11

So, yesterday, Cooper was impressing everyone at morning rounds with the fact he was taking 37% of his feedings by bottle.  Today it was up to 45%.  (Keep in mind this is always the previous 24 hours.)  For the 4 feedings I was there today, he was up to 50% by bottle.  He is doing great!!  Now it's Randy's turn tomorrow to see if he can beat mom and get him to take even more at each feeding.

He also was able to stay off the oxygen all night and today.  He did need another dose of lasix today, as expected.  And we will find out later if he was able to lose any weight today.  He seemed to be doing a little better today with his breathing.  Randy will find out tomorrow if he will need another dose  to help him out even more.

So, tonight I am home with the rest of the family, and it is nice to come back to a little normalcy.  Even though I'm not sure what normal is anymore. 

It's like Randy and I have been taking Cooper 101 for the past 4 weeks and we are not quite sure when we will be able to graduate to Cooper 102 (Cooper at home).  We are slowly learning all his little quirks and noises.  Example:  today after Cooper had eaten at the 11am feeding, he was laying in his bed not quite asleep.  Then, he started making this little gurgling sound and I got up to check on him thinking he was going to throw up.  Sure enough, as soon as I got up to the bed and grabbed a burp rag, he threw up.  Fortunately but unfortunately I know what he sounds like when he is about to throw up.

The new CDH baby should be born tomorrow.  I can't help but think what the parents are thinking right now.  So many questions are running through my head for them.  My heart goes out to them as this long process is just starting for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment